Board of Directors
Stage Left Theatre is currently seeking applicants for Member positions on our volunteer Board of Directors.
The Stage Left Theatre Board of Directors is the legal policy-making body that governs and supports—both structurally and financially—the artistic and administrative collective of Stage Left Theatre.
We seek individuals who have the desire, vision, skills and time to devote to the development of our company and will assist in supporting new voices that explore the political and social landscape of our time to create relevant theater of today.
Stage Left Theatre Board members enjoy the privileges of:
- Giving back to the community by helping create art that stimulates conversation about important issues facing our world
- Using creativity and connections to help Stage Left continue to build upon its successes; and
- Enjoying the camaraderie of like-minded individuals on the Board of Directors and in our Artistic Ensemble and Administration who are passionate about the arts in Chicago by becoming an integral part of a pillar in the Chicago theater scene.
A Chicago-based nonprofit company founded in 1983, Stage Left Theatre is focused on creating debate about political and social issues. For over 30 years SLT has produced more than 120 main stage, late-night, off-night, children’s and touring productions that have garnered countless critical accolades, as well as over 46 nominations and 17 awards for excellence from the Joseph Jefferson (“Jeff”) Awards Committee.
In 2010 Stage Left became a resident company at the beautiful and conveniently located Theater Wit at 1229 W Belmont, mounting a series of critically acclaimed shows including Farragut North, Impenetrable, Pygmalion, Rabbit, A Day in the Death of Joe Egg, and Principal Principle.
If you are seeking to become part of something larger than yourself, if you want to see theatre in Chicago continue to thrive, then apply today to join Stage Left Theatre Company as a member of our Board of Directors.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your experience, your understanding of the issues facing not-for-profit theatrical organizations in Chicago, and your vision for Stage Left Theatre specifically.
Applicants will need to demonstrate a diverse and unique range of skills, assets and qualifications, such as:
- An active and personal appreciation for the arts, theater in particular;
- Experience serving on a non-profit board;
- A personal and professional network of community leaders in business and/or the arts;
- The proven ability to work collaboratively and productively with a diverse range of people and groups;
- A desire to be an evangelist for the organization in particular and a proponent of the arts in general;
- Possession of important and relevant skills that can expand the organization’s capabilities; and
- The time to commit to leading a non-profit through the challenges of continued growth and success.